What with snow and mud, Incredible Edible Mytholm’s decided it could be unsafe to hold the Growing Futures Field Day in the Mytholm playing field this Saturday, 30th March. This is a shame, we were looking forward to it.
But now we’re looking forward to holding it in Hebden Bridge Town Hall, in the Waterside Hall and courtyard!
Hebden Bridge Community Association have been fantastic in accommodating us at short notice, so that all the scheduled events can still happen.
There will be:
- Fruit tree planting (just a few, in containers in the courtyard) at 12 noon, with Nick and apprentices from Incredible Farm – children are welcome to take part
- Wild, foraged tasty lunch cooked by Helena and Jo, in the Incredible Edible Todmorden small marquee in the courtyard (many thanks to IET for lending the marquee), around 1pm
- Colourful decorations to cheer up any chilly grimness, by Hand Made Parade, and, from 2pm, kids food-related art activities in the courtyard marquee with a Hand Made Parade artist (parents/carers please note, you must accompany your child/children for these activities)
- Between 2-5pm in the Waterside Hall – speakers, round table discussions about permaculture food growing, fair sustainable food education and jobs, and permaculture building with straw bales – as well as opportunities to look at and comment on architect’s/designer’s drawings and plans of the proposed Growing Futures community owned, fair sustainable food business on the Mytholm Works site.
- We will also be listening to what you think about how to create a fair sustainable food system, and our Growing Futures plans.
Quite excited! Hope to see you!